Tap, tap, tap... is the mic on? Well, maybe I should say is the cursor flashing so that I don't have a blank page?
Yes, it seems to be working. I'm trying to fall back into writing mindset and move away from FB as my mainstay of social media. I want to cull back the time my browser is open on FB and cull back the time I aimlessly scroll through the feed.
I did however find this article there and have taken my post down from FB to post it here.
I think this is still going to be my catch-all blog, where I talk about everything. I'll cross post to the writing or spiritual blog if the content is suited for the other blogs, but mainly I want to spend a little bit of time writing about life. Whether or not I have readers, there are things I need to release and this might be the venue for that.
So, I've talked about anxiety before. I suffer from it, not everyday, but I do find myself struggling with my thoughts, fears and worries. Sometimes it's crippling and tortures me when I try to sleep. I used to be a night owl, which was fine when I was single. I'd do a lot of my best writing late at night, but now that I'm married I try to go to bed early and enjoy some quiet time with my Bug. I usually wake up and stay up till midnight. Sometimes I actually sleep through the night. But when it comes down it, I can't shut off my brain and I lie in bed thinking, and thinking and thinking.
I've probably had anxiety of some sort most of my life, but it hit me hard about 9 years ago. It waned for quite a while but seems to be a part of my life again, though, the crippling panic attacks are very rare.
Earlier, I saw this article and shared these thoughts about it. I relate. Hard to explain an anxiety disorder and a panic attack to most people. Most often I function well, most days out of a month, I am ok but some days it’s hard to deal with the irrational thoughts that come with anxiety. My anxiety is usually heightened by hormones but often it just hits me. I’ve been avoiding do some important things and am struggling to make myself do them. David is patient and understanding but some of the things listed here are very true for me and though I know why, fear of the future is very real for me. Oy. Don’t know why I shared so much.
https://www.providr.com/things-others-dont-realize-about-your-high-functioning-anxiety/?f=one&utm_source=aboutwords&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=providr
No comments:
Post a Comment