Monday, March 23, 2020

Lily and Me 

Life has suddenly found itself much more complicated. Very much more, but well worth it. 

In 2019, we brought home a little girl named Lily. We are in the process of formally adopting her but we love her and are committed to her. She's a sweet, and loving child and we can't wait to watch her grow into the beautiful woman she will become. 

I've taken a huge hiatus from writing... all writing. I've been determined to start blogging again. I've been trying to get moving again. I really want to finish my novels as well. 

I got started walking again-- mostly taking Lily to school every day. Then, something called the Corona Virus, officially known as COVID-19 emerged on the scene and we are pretty much stuck at home. 

I was going to post a link, but there are so many news stories, facebook posts, and videos about that already and so if anyone stumbles on this post, I suspect you will already know what I am talking about. Nonetheless, it's a scary world and I'm starting to feel like we are going to be stuck at home for at least a month, if not longer. The good thing, I suppose, is that I love our home. My family is safe and sound and we will do our best to persevere through this pandemic. 

David can work from home. I am trying to home school Lily. She has a great teacher and goes to a great school, so we are tying to make the best of things. I think my work will be pretty much down to a couple of hours because everything I do depends on getting out and no one is getting out. Santa Fe is almost at a stop. There are a few tourists still in town and walking up a very quiet and almost deserted Canyon Road. Most business have closed and the owners are really trying hard to stay optimistic and hope for a quick economic turn around after all this. 

We cannot go out for dinner or head to our favorite tea house for a cuppa tea or coffee. We cannot go mall walking, which is what I wanted to start doing with my mom... she's another entry of her own. Thankfully, she is ok and healthy. She's at high risk of dying from the virus. With my asthma and other possible other conditions, I would have trouble weathering this virus too. Same with David. So, social distancing is our plan for now. 

I believe our governor is going to implement a shelter in place/home order in a few minutes. I suspect schools will be closed and so we won't be going anywhere for a while.  I'm antsy and just want time to fly by, however, if we get through this unscathed and healthy, then it will all be worth it. 

Perhaps, I will feel more like writing. At least it will help pass some time and help keep me sane. 

May 2020 be the year when we are all healthy and well and fear doesn't win. 


No comments: