As of this moment, our newest family member is on his way home. We are expecting a little tsarevich from Poland. We are getting a new Russian Blue Kitten, whose name is Romanov. He's regal and worthy of the title.
From the moment I saw his sweet little face, I fell in love. I also knew that he ad to join our family. Problem was that he was in Poland and we are in New Mexico. It's not like we can pack up the car and drive across the country and cross the ocean that easily. We asked a friend who has transported cats from Europe to the states before; another friend volunteered to go to Warsaw to pick him up. I though in both scenarios we could fly to NYC to meet them, sot that we could have a vacation as well as get our new kitten.
However there were too many complications and too many expenses to make it happen. David was smart and always pragmatic about this. He knew it was something we really couldn't make happen. Then, I found a courier who could bring him for less than any of our other options. So, we seriously talked and decided to bring him home.
And now, we await the arrival of our little prince. We'll pick him up tomorrow at 11:15. He'll have traveled a long way to get here. He will be loved, cherished and I hope happy with us.
As you can see, he's gorgeous and ours. I'll write more about his breeder and the courier who has brought him over.





No comments:
Post a Comment