Tuesday, January 19, 2021

New Year. What's Changed?

Obviously, not a lot. 

My sporadic blogging doesn't really seem to help my writer's block. It doesn't help with this new thing called depression. I've never been one to suffer from lingering, deep, dark depression. Sure, I get depressed, doesn't everyone, but I can usually snap out of it after a brisk walk or some kind of activity. With the covids, my mom in memory care, me not having a real job or any hope of having one for a while, with life constantly moving and yet feeling like it's at a standstill, I can't seem to climb out of it. 


Perhaps, it's been lingering longer than I think, maybe it's been the self-quarantine and the self-isolation that has made it worse, I really don't know. I live in the land of mañana and sometimes it feels like tomorrow is still too soon. 

Recently, I thought about what it would take to be a successful blogger. Back in the early to mid 2000s I blogged quite a bit. I didn't really do it to become a success or some kind of Internet sensation, but what makes some bloggers successful? Do they have any more significant experiences or things to say? Are their lives any more interesting or exciting than mine? Well, right now if anyone has an exciting life during this pandemic, then that's definitely something to write about. There must be a niche for me to write about. I just don't know what that it. Maybe it's something to think about tomorrow. 



No comments: