Saturday, January 30, 2021

Trying to Find the Words

 



I am troubled by so many things. Finding words to express how I feel to the people I love is nearly impossible.  Trying to find words to write is even harder. Writing used to fuel my soul. I'd spend hours writing about characters, their lives and their experiences and I would get so lost into their world, I'd lose tract of time. I'd spend many of my waking hours writing and creating a wold that would take me away, I'd  wonder where the time went. I'd lie in bed writing in my head. Through the years, I've written so many words you would think I would have one story complete, rejected or published by now. But I don't. 

And now, I'm trying to return to the stories and find a way to finish them, but the words fail me. Maybe the commitment and the passion is gone.

I am full of self-doubt now.  I don't know if I lack desire and passion or just stopped caring. I used to enjoy so many things and now I'm just settling in on the, "it's ok, for now. Maybe another day or time I'll do it." 

I find my head occupied with other thoughts, with fears and worries and anxiety. The words running through my head that used to fire up my passion and create new worlds, are gone and  now I am left with a void of expression, creativity or new stories to tell. 


No comments: